Urban Worm Bag Version 2- Continuous Flow Worm Bin
The Urban Worm Bag is a Durable, Breathable, Simplistic Home Worm Bin Solution
Create your own worm castings at your home or apartment using nothing more than common household waste like newsprint, cardboard, and food waste.
- Your Urban Worm Bag will have a capacity hold up to 120 lbs or more of dense vermicompost with a moisture content of 70-90%.
- The fabric is made out of 900D Oxford nylon fabric that won’t rip or abrade.
- Waterproof nylon “overseam” stitching and marine grade zippers are used.
- The fabric is made out of 900D Oxford breathable nylon fabric
- The Urban Worm Bag uses the highly-efficient, simple continuous flow concept
- Put bedding material in at the top and harvest worm castings at the bottom
- The simple design of the Urban Worm Bag allows for intuitive assembly, but all bags will come with clear; professionally-designed, illustrated instructions.
- 2-3 blocks are recommended for a new Urban Worm Bag
- In a bucket, or large tray add one gallon of water per block
- Slowly break up coir by hand until water is fully absorbed
- Add a layer of paper to the bottom of your Urban Worm Bag
- Squeeze excess water from coir and place in Urban Worm Bag
- Recommendation: Keep bottom zipper open for 24hrs to allow any excess moisture to escape through the bottom
It is recommended to start Urban Worm Bag with 1-2lbs of Red Wigglers
Width (including frame): 26 ¾ in (68cm)
Length: (including frame): 26 ¾ in (68cm)
Height: (including frame): 31 ⅞ in (81cm)
Bag Only Height: 22 in (56cm)
Bag Only Width: 24 in (61 cm)
Bag Only Length: 24 in (61 cm)
Weight: 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
Volume at Max Load: 5.3 cubic ft (122 liters)
Fabric: 900D Oxford with a polyurethane coating for moisture resistance
Frame: Lightweight iron frame with plastic 3-way connectors
Zippers : Marine-grade #8 heavy zippers