Worm Castings For Sale
Want a Better Way To Grow?
Worm Casting are an excellent soil fertilizer and soil amendment. Worm casting benefits both the soil and the plants by improving soil microbial activity, soil structure, tilth, conservation of water, increase in drought resistance and improve overall health of plants. Worm castings have been proven effective way to reduce damage by harmful insects such as the white fly, aphids, and spider mites or any pest that feeds on the plant by increasing the production of enzymes that are offensive to insects. Worm castings are a great source of calcium, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphates and potash.
Research conducted over several years at The Ohio State University Soil Ecology Laboratory found that worm castings enhanced seed germination, plant growth, flowers and fruit production.
1. What are worm castings
Worm Castings are a soil conditioner, a source of nutrients and will help break down other nutrients in the soil to make them readily available for plant uptake. Worm castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
- Worm castings increase airflow through the soil
- Worm castings increase water holding capacity
- Worm castings add active microbial life
- Worm castings increase organic matter and content of the soil
- Worm castings increase soil fertility
- Worm castings increase yield
- Worm castings enhance the plants ability to suppress or fight off disease
- Worm castings are also orderless
- Worm Castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
2. Why should I use worm castings for soil conditioner?
Worm Castings are a soil conditioner, a source of nutrients and will help break down other nutrients in the soil to make them readily available for plant uptake. Worm Castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
3. What is the suggested rate of application
Ohio State University research has shown that the optimum ratio for worm casting to soil is 10%- 20%. Small amounts of worm castings have been shown to have a significant benefit but a minimum recommend amount is 15% soil weight/volume to 20% soil weight/volume where diminishing returns start. For a more specific usage please see below:
Lawn Enhancement: Spread 1 lb for every 50 square feet.
Lawn Fixup/Re-do: Mix 1 lb for every 10 square feet in with topsoil before seeding.
Indoor Plants: Approximately 15% of potting soil. Mix 1.5 cups with 10 cups potting soil.
Garden: Till in with top 6”-10” of top soil. 1 lb for every 10 square feet.
Garden: Top Dressing – Spread 1 lb for every 40-50 square feet.
4. How many Pounds are in a gallon
There are roughly 7lbs per gallon. We sell by the gallon, not by the pound! Casting can weigh different weights due to castings moisture content.
For Bulk Orders Please Contact Us!
Try Our Worm Castings Today!