The best worms for composting are Eisenia fetida. They are known as red wiggler worm or red worms. They are the best because:
- They eat 25-35% of their body weight a day
- They can tolerate a wide range of Ph 6-8. 7 being ideal
- They can be kept indoor or outside
Why Buckeye Organics?
- We guarantee live delivery. Any issue with order, let us know within 24hrs
- We offer Free Shipping (USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail) on composting worms
- Shipping software which notifies you by email and/or text message when package shipped, out for delivery, and delivered
How many composting worms to buy?
The amount you need is determined by the amount of food scrapes your family creates and the size of your worm bin. For more information regarding this read this blog post: How Many Worms to Start a Worm Bin